How to Fix PancakeSwap “Insufficient Output Amount” Error
This article will address the familiar problem users face on PancakeSwap while swapping tokens. Yes, we are talking about the “Insufficient Output Amount” error message, which usually occurs when the slippage tolerance is too low, causing the transactions to fail.
What is Slippage Tolerance?
Slippage refers to a difference in price between the expected and executed trade. Due to high volatility in cryptocurrency, slippage is common in DEX exchanges like PancakeSwap.
Similarly, slippage tolerance is a setting on DEX exchanges for the level of price slippage in percentage a trader is willing to accept. It works as a boundary for minimum and maximum tokens you can expect for a trade regardless of price change.
When this problem occurs on PancakeSwap, users come across a message which reads, “The transaction cannot Succeed due to error; PancakeRouter: INSUFFICIENT_OUTPUT_AMOUNT.”
You cannot swap tokens unless the problem is solved. But the good news is the error is easily fixable.
How To Fix Insufficient Output Amount On Pancakeswap
As mentioned, the error occurs due to a low slippage tolerance, and therefore, a straightforward solution is to increase slippage tolerance.
See how you can increase slippage tolerance in five easy steps:
- Open PancakeSwap on your mobile or your desktop, and from the homepage, click on “Settings.”
- In the settings menu, you will see an option of “slippage tolerance” and different percentages you can choose.
- Manually change the slippage tolerance from the settings and input the slippage you want.
- Swap your tokens, and you will see a message saying “your transaction may be front-run.”
- Ignore the error and Swap again. This time the transaction will go through.
The default slippage tolerance o PancakeSwap is 0.8% which is too low. On average, it needs to be around 12% to start swapping tokens.
But if your slippage tolerance is too high, it can also be a problem since you might not get a fair price. That is why it is essential to set it just right.
Tip: start adjusting the slippage amount in small increments at a time until the transaction goes through.
What if the error persists?
There are a variety of other solutions you can try, for instance:
- Restart your computer and fix internet connectivity issues.
- If you are trying from a Ledger, unplug it then, plug it back in to try again.
- Make sure the time and date settings on your device are correct. Few users reported that it solved their problem.
- The last resort would be to switch wallets. If you’re trading from a Metamask wallet, try Trust Wallet or vice versa.
The “insufficient output amount” error is a problem that occurs on other DeFi exchanges too, which occurs when traders are reluctant to swap tokens at a loss.
If you go for a high slippage tolerance, you have to brace yourself for high price differences on swaps. Therefore, consider plenty of other factors such as volatility of the price and state of liquidity pools before setting a slippage tolerance.
For more cryptocurrency related blogs, click here.
This article will address the familiar problem users face on PancakeSwap while swapping tokens. Yes, we are talking about the “Insufficient Output Amount” error message, which usually occurs when the slippage tolerance is too low, causing the transactions to fail. What is Slippage Tolerance? Slippage refers to a difference in price between the expected and…